Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sartharion + (N)One

Tonight was the first attempt at Sarth1D. I've done this fight on my priest before, but with the shaman is a whole new experience for me. Again, we're 2-healing it. I remember needing 3 healers just to do normal Sarth. Even though I was late for the raid (stupid work), Nag wasn't there tonight. Shit. The normal raiding crew was there for the most part. A new hunter I've never seen before who left halfway through the raid, and a priest. Okay... well, maybe the priest will MT heal tonight (Apparently in my mind, all priests are discipline). *BUZZER* wrong. He whispers me before the first attempt "you wanna MT heal?", and I think I crapped my pants.

Kree does Sarth1D a little different than I'm used to, which is totally fine. I'm fluffing his ego here a bit, but he's a damn good tank. One of the best I've ever healed. He tanks Sarth AND Tenebron. Like I said, I've never seen that before. Luckily, the priest new to help me out on Kree since he was going to be taking double the damage.

Now for my favorite part of groups where I don't know everyone in it... the flame walls. One particular member that I'll call "Honda" got hit. Every. Single. Time. Not only do I have to heal them, but I have to heal them THROUGH a dot. I kept watching my mana bar go lower and lower. Popped my mana tide totem and kept going. I think we could've done it if the DPS knew where to focus....

...one attempt had DPS still focused on Sarth while Kree and the heavy hitters were on Tenebron, so Sarth got pulled and wiped us. Another attempt had us just trying to burn down Sarth and then take care of Tenebron later, but adds started piling up, and dear GOD I can't heal through those. It's so sad to watch Grid stay the same as I'm spamming chain heal. Then the really interesting thing kept happening. I was staying alive longer than the other healer. The priest (in t7.5 I think) kept dying!! I'm not sure if he couldn't stay out of the flame walls or something, or pulled too much healing aggro on the adds. *shrug* Not too much we can do.

I think after about 3 attempts, we as the defacto "officers" decided to just go for Sarth minus Tenebron. Even at that, "Honda" kept just sitting back and getting hit by flame wave...

No gear dropped for me tonight... I'm hoping for some sweet healer legs pretty soon. I also got the Cowl of Sheet Lightning off of Thaddius in Naxx10 the night before. Yes I know it's a clothpiece, but it's better than my blue. It's got decent mp5 and other stats I need. Still need to figure out what to gem it with. I also need to start grinding rep so I can get Arcanums and Shoulder Inscriptions. That should help a bit, fo sho!!

Did a UP run after Sarth which was pretty smooth. I'm having fewer and fewer mana issues, which is great. Now I need to keep getting my heals cranked up higher!!

Sleep is upon me. G'night world.... of warcraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment