Friday, June 5, 2009

"Chain Heal" and "Tidal Waves"

http://www.mmo-champion.com has a great way of relaying blue posts from various forums. This is an awesome way to check up on what's going on in the developer/programmer world.

On today's post, we see comments about how the Devs feel about Chain Heal in Ulduar, Mp5 issues, and Tidal Waves when paired with Haste.

Chain Heal in Ulduar - Granted, I haven't been in Ulduar yet, but in AoE pulls across the board, I notice a strong dependency on my Chain Heal. If everyone's dropping at the same rate, spamming CH on the Tank to keep him/her up just isn't enough. At least on my priest I have Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending and Renew. Maybe I just need to find other ways to spread the healing around. I'm interested to see how things improve as my gear gets upgraded. At this point, with the Blues saying they don't see a problem with the current state of Chain Heal, I'm not too concerned.

Mp5 Issues - YES YES YES YES! Especially if a lot of other shamans have been having Mp5 concerns, then this is definitely something I'd like to see taken care of. Enhancement Shaman's have a really great Mana Regen skill in Shamanistic Rage, and I'd love to see something like that. Yes, we have Mana Tide totem, but it doesn't hit as hard as it did at the beginning of WotLK. Mana Tide on my priest used to fill my bar almost all the way up, now it does maybe a 1/4 of it. Again, I personally need to work on my own Mp5, as I don't expect to be invincible at my gear level.

Tidal Waves - This is something I hadn't really thought of yet. Tidal Waves does a great job at reducing the cast time of certain healing spells. However, as Haste becomes easier to come by in the higher level gear, Tidal Waves loses it's power. I saw this on my priest. When I would have more haste on my 25naxx gear, my Flash Heal would get pretty fast.. Then, I had the Egg of Mortal Essence, which has a chance to proc an additional 505 haste for 12 seconds. With the amount of haste on my gear, 505 haste really didn't shave too much time off my flash heal. The faster something is, the less haste is going to have an effect. The Blues have said that this is an issue they're going to take a look at, and I'm interested to see how they intend to fix it.

Food for thought.. When do you start grabbing haste? From what I've read and seen, it's one of the last ratings you should aim for.

No comments:

Post a Comment